Monday, April 12, 2010

Finished Portrait


After all this time and I finally finished the portrait I started in class. I was at least smart enough to bring the camera and ask the model if I could take her picture which she so graciously said "yes". I struggle with all my paintings..and this is no exception. My initial drawing was off so had several corrections. I think this is off a bit...but...I've spent enough time and am ready to move on.

I have to be honest. Lately I think I have regressed...and working on this portrait was proving something to myself. The perspective on this portrait was looking up at her from quite a ways below. She was on a large platform while I was low to the ground on a drawing horse. I struggled with what I saw and trying to make it work. Squinting is the best thing for an artist...so I guess I'll have to live with squint lines around my eyes!$%*


No comments:

Post a Comment