Monday, September 27, 2010

Live Study

My friend Gerri and I hired a model (which happens to also be an artist) to sit for us in Gerri's studio at her home.

This was new in the sense that I approached this totally differently than I normally do. I did not draw her on the canvas first-spending hours (exaggeration), but did a 2 minuet sketch and started the drawing process with the paint.

It was actually less up tight..more fun and liberating. I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed it so much we are going to do this again tomorrow. This time I have this beautiful robe my husbands father brought back from Viet Namn...all silk..deep blue with embroidered designs all over. With her red hair and that blue robe....it should be good.

I just came back from Outer Banks...so I've been out of pocket. I did manage to get some pictures of possible paintings....

I deliver "Taos Roses" tomorrow for the "Women's Show" in Michigan City.

1 comment:

  1. I like the eyes. It sounds like fun being in a more relaxed less crowded setting.

    ReplyDelete