Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Claude Monet


I am relating to this quote right now:

"Colour is my day-long obsession, joy and torment."

Why am I relating to this quote right now? Because I am an artist but mostly because I just repainted my dining room. It only took 5 gallons of wasted paint and then I got smart and started ordering the small trial cans...I just had to match the silk curtains that shimmer only aqua, blue violet, red orange and cranberry red. You only see those colors when it shimmers...I was insane to get into this project!! The walls looked like a coat of many colors. I didn't give up...and after a month found a color I could live with that was pretty good. Color is SCARY!! It changes all the time with light and it changes when it get's close to another color. I have always had a great respect for color.

On the photo I'm showing you there are 5 colors!!
Yes, Monet....I understand the Joy and TORMENT!

At least the guys at Sherwin Williams know I'm their best customer.





No comments:

Post a Comment