Saturday, August 25, 2012

Commission Gone Wrong

O.K., So I get a request for a commission.  Sounds good!?????
It'll be fairly easy....they have a photo they want me to do...but just change the colors to very bright colors to make it more contemporary...no problem!

So....I do it...but it needs to be more abstract they say....so I try to simplify it and abstract the forms...then I get a totally different picture to do.  Also sent examples of what they wanted which wasn't my style at all.  All this after I ordered a $65.00 frame to put this on.  Needless to say I had no contract because I knew this individual.  

Long story short....I now have this painting on a $65.00 wrap around canvas that I will probably need to just paint over.
BUT
During all this I started another Bird Of Paradise that I liked...and did it MY way....and I have had a way better response to it.  So....it was not all bad.
The painting on the left is the one I did during the time I was working on the commissioned piece on the right.  I have since made a few changes to  this photo.  
Life is a Journey as I say...learn...learn...




No comments:

Post a Comment