Thursday, January 7, 2010

Starting out the New Year

Here's to a good New Year for all of us!

Christmas was wonderful. We went to Columbia, Maryland for New Years and I came back with a terrible cold. I use to brag that I never got sick....welll, I can't brag any more!

So now that the holidays are over and I am feeling human again my mind is spinning with what I need to be working on. I need to do some last minuet work on a clients painting...and then discuss a possible new job for her. And, then there are always those on going projects.

I did a shoot to start my "Dividing a Life" piece which will be a part of a series of 3 paintings relating to loss. The other one I already have done in my mind as well...now I just need to start these pieces. They are in my mind saying..".paint and make me real!" These are not pieces that will sell because they are deeply personal. It will just be an interesting exhibit.

It's not always just picking up the brush and painting. There is always a lot of thinking on the best way to execute a piece. You have the idea...but you need to give it something different..something interesting to look at. Which is why I have to figure out on the dividing a life piece....if I take actual photos of my parents life and collage them on the canvas...fading it out in areas with medium or just paint the painting and then take a see through material-photo print on it and then seal it over the painting allowing both to show...And then there's the canvas. It has to be very sturdy and a 36x36. So...now I know I have to take a trip to Pearl in Chicago to gather my supplies

I strive for a productive year!

No comments:

Post a Comment