Tuesday, March 3, 2009


Yes, it has been awhile since I was able to just paint. It felt wonderful. I know I'm moving slow on this piece but I'm not sure exactly how to execute this. i don't know where I'm going until I get there. I am going to change directions as I've already done several times. I took colored chalk pencil and played with the bottom. First starting out trying to put plants and vines as I knew them in my head. I kept wiping them off. It just was not working. I did this SEVERAL times. Our inspiration comes at odd times. Like when I was walking into the guest bathroom, I looked at a rug I bought from Anthropology a shop in Chicago I just LOVE. Well, I LOVE this rug. It had exotic birds and a plant that was done just with design with different colored branches and different flowers growing on it. I thought" well, if I love this rug, and that vine isn't real, why can't I make my own plant based on design as well". So I did. Now I have to put the foliage on it. That color more than likely is not going to stay.

Her hair looks thick, but I have to keep telling myself that this is my painting and I like the idea of design, not executing this piece to look real life. It's make believe from my head. My other world.
I am thinking I will make that sun smaller. It is too over-powering. It has too much importance, but that's easily changeable.

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad about slow. I thought I was done with a painting I started when the model was unmarried. Now she has a child and I see some corrections that have to be made.

    Keep going until you are satisfied.

    ReplyDelete