Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I'm Back from Little Cayman!






Well, I was actually able to dive. Our good friend rigged up a sock with padding to put in my fin and it worked perfect! The diving was nice. The highlight was a swim through that came out at 104 feet.
My son Rob got certified and had a blast! It was a little too cool for me and I wore a jacket half the time. It was nice being in the sun again. This island was so small that we flew in on a twin engine plane on an airstrip that was as big as a single road. The airport was as small as my guest room and it was the Fire Dept./Post Office and Air Port terminal!
The only thing you could do on this island was dive and drink.
The deteriorated conch shell reminded me of the bones of cattle out in the desert that Georgia O'Keefe painted...so this was my interpretation Caribbean style.

1 comment:

  1. Is that a photo of you? You little diving beauty. You should drop painting and be a model.

    ReplyDelete