Sunday, October 18, 2009

Jazz Lady


The hardest part of finishing a painting is the fine tuning at the end. It's the nit picking part...the part where you decide something really needs to go, or something else is really needed. Well, that is where I am with this painting. You look at the same painting all day, every day and it get's hard to fine tune because you are looking at it so much. Maybe this is the part where you let it go for awhile and then come back to it with a fresh look.

I was trying to make this painting about the "Jazz Lady". We were at the Chicago Jazz Fest and I just loved to see this older women in all her splendor, bravado or what every word you'd put to her...just plopping herself down with her suitcase and enjoying this moment for herself...before getting on the train and heading for the airport. I love her attitude and I hope when I'm her age I do the same!

Any way....I'm thinking the trunks and limbs of the trees are creating static noise for me. Too unnecessary...so...what do you think??? Darken-more blurry- under the trees..(by the people).

I know this is a busy picture....I took out a lot...but the whole thing is her and Chicago...the parks, the crowds, the fests...and....her. So that is why I put in what I did. This is the busiest picture I've done. Not sure I'd want to do something like this again...but I still need to finish it.

So, comments please!

No comments:

Post a Comment