Monday, December 21, 2009

Down Time


O.K.. I know....here I go ...messing around again...but I will say...not HAVING to do anything (now that I'm caught up for the holidays) has given me a chance to take one of my old life drawing sketches and play around with it. I've never taken a collage class, but have always wanted to learn, so I started playing with my water color sticks...then added some acrylic, then I started playing with some torn paper..I needed to hold the paper up to see if I liked it or not...then....POOF!!! It hit me...Eureka...(I think) . The tape I was using a good friend had given me years ago...and it reads "Smart women hold it together"...so I thought..why not just leave the tape on there since it's a figure of a woman...and I'm thinking I'll do some light something with pencil in the background that relates to that theme...just to add a little interest.

I may wind up throwing it out...but...it's fun to be like a kid to "play" and not worry if it turns out or not!! And, maybe in the process I'll learn something!

I pick my daughter and granddaughter up in Chicago Wednesday...and I'm going through withdrawals not being by a young little person that still believes in magic. I'm an adult....and I still like the magic!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment