Friday, December 4, 2009

Pastel


Another week, another session on Life Drawing....
I attempted to use a medium I haven't used in years and a medium I never learned a lot about. In drawing everyone uses different mediums....paint, ink, graphite, watercolor..and me...well, I was just needing to get back in the saddle and needed desperately to practice so I used graphite ...but....last week I did try pastel. I attempted to block in as my friend Gerrie does and it came out absolutely horrible!!!! SHE...has perfected her style...Finally on the longer pose I drew her, then used pastel. I combination of method and it was a little better.

It's hard to do anything as this month consumes me trying to get all the necessary things done for the holidays. I can feel I am a whirlwind-just blowing around errands.

This drawing is surly not perfect...her torso-yes, is a little long towards her hips...but...that's why I keep going!

She looks like she was falling asleep...she was!

1 comment: