Sunday, December 20, 2009

Lucian Freud Quotes

I want paint to work as flesh, I know my idea of portraiture came from dissatisfaction with portraits that resembled people. I would wish my portraits to be of the people, not like them. Not having to look at the sitter, being them. As far as I am concerned, the paint is the person. I want it to work for me just as the flesh does.

+ The longer you look at an object, the more abstract it becomes, and, ironically, the more real.

German born British figurative painter Lucian Freud
born Lucian Michael Freud - Berlin, Germany - 8th of December, 1922 / Lives London, UK
Popular Lucian Freud works include figurative paintings and etchings of the nude and portraits. His paintings are worked and reworked over time, using the skills and methods of old masters to create contemporary works that comfortably exist in the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment