Thursday, July 8, 2010

IN PROGRESS


This mural on canvas measures 6' 3" x 44" is a work I started a LONG time ago, and am just now starting to work on again..so it may look a little familiar.

At this stage I am just trying to find a language..waiting for the painting to tell me where it needs to go. I decided instead of a sun I made it a moon and threw in some stars to see how it would go. I throw things into a painting so I can see if I like the feel of the direction...after I know the language ,then I will continue to refine and clean it up, still continuing to make changes. So, this is a rough "in progress" photo.

I am adding the text "To the illuminated mind the whole world burns and sparkles with light" Emerson

I also would like to add but probably not is " Courage, strength and hope possess my sould...I will stand firmly and without fear".

2 comments: