Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Burnred Out!

How do I get into these predicaments? I have another show in Michigan City and I need two NEW paintings. I just used my latest two new paintings in another show in Chesterton. One of those paintings I'm holding out to enter into the Elk Hart Show so that leaves me only bringing ONE new painting...Crazy Red Head which I'm not too crazy about.

I had no idea I would grow up to be a juggler!

So, I have for the last 4 days been painting non-stop TRYING to get a picture together. My daughter encouraged me to do something abstract and weird. I'm not sure it's working as I get soooo burned out after working on them. I'm concerned it may be a little hokey looking.
The eyes on the fish are human eyes, and there is a bee on the picture. On the lower left is an oriental photo of a wave that I outlined in red. There is also under the paint texture that isn't showing up in the pic..

I went to a seminar by this Scottsdale, Az. gallery owner which said "you need to be painting 20-30 paintings a month...well...I don't think I will ever be ever to do this unless I want to die young!! Unless...of course you crank them out like an assembly line....and then..where's the art in mass producing????

I'm not sure if this will make it to Michigan City...we'll see.....

No comments:

Post a Comment