Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Red Cup Cafe' Show

Saturday I spent the day in Chicago visiting an old friend. We walked to the Palette and Chisel since they were having an art show-small pieces for $250.00. I was sooo disappointed. It was like most (not all) but most were the artists rejects.

Sunday I got up and took an Encaustic class at the Chesterton ARt Gallery. It was a lot of fun. I'll post the picture of my first attempt. I have a new respect for Encaustics.

After the Encaustic class we attended an art opening for ART COMP and my friend Gerrie Govert won Best of Show. A lot of people asked why I didn't enter and my reply would be I need to work on new pieces so I'll have something to enter. I'm holding out on Forbidden Fruit for a show in Elk Hart next month.

AFer that we hung our show at the Red Cup Cafe with Gerrie and Mary Ann Pals. The show will be up through September during the Wizard of Oz Fest in Chesterton. I'm hoping it will be seen by a lot of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment