Monday, October 6, 2008

I THINK I'm done! Feedback time...


Alright. Here it is. I think I'm done, but I have to throw it out there for the feed back.

What happens in painting for me is that at the end of a painting I want it to be over with so much that I'm not sure if I'm rushing it or it truly is done. I know I have a tendency to over do the work.
I'll put a painting away for awhile and then when I look at it I go "OH MY GOSH! WHAT WAS I THINKING!!"

Within the last 30 minuets of taking this picture and posting it I have already changed the light on the brick around her. Now I'm thinking the background is TOO busy. So, You let me know.

I'm titling it 'JOY" If we could all hold on to the feelings we had as little children we'd all live longer!
Double click on the pictures to enlarge them so you can see the details better. I did add colored splashes around her head that you can't see otherwise.

2 comments:

  1. You captured the unfettered joy of a child with this painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm back - I should be working but here I am. One area that might benefit this piece is a greater variation in the flowers in the background. They all seem to be about the same value, color, shape, and facing the same direction.

    It looks like you are trying to depict an actual landscape where you would expect greater variation.

    You might try going back to the location of the photo and painting the background from life. Just make sure the lighting is the same or change it to be the same as when you took the photo.

    Don't tell my boss I was here.

    ReplyDelete