Thursday, February 12, 2009


This mural is becoming more of a challenge than others I have done. Right now I'm working with bigger negative space than before. I'm also challenged with getting the paint spread evenly.

There was a comment that she looked too famished with her ribs showing..I'm not worried because I will be painting over the body again. I like to feel the structure before worrying about that.

I was getting an overdose of purple and orange so started to add some blue violets to the back ground..changed my mind on the bottom a couple times, so I am where I need to sit back for awhile and THINK about this. Her hair needs to be much darker, and I need to start putting in other elements as plants, bird, rabbit. My daughter stated that she did NOT like this painting because it looked sacrilegious which bothered me so I'm hoping that adding the animals, etc, it'll come across as more about the nature aspect of it. This was never to be a religious painting.
So now everyone knows how I go about it. Like moving furniture...

May not be able post for awhile as I have to watch my granddaughter for a week and also I am on stand-by as my father is in the hospital and I may need to fly down to Fort Walton Beach, Florida. So if there are no posts...you know why.

1 comment: