Thursday, August 13, 2009

Moving forward



Went to drawing last night at the Art Barn till 9pm. They start out with 1 minuet poses then work to 10 minuet poses, 15 and then one 55 minuet pose. This was done on a 15 minuet pose. I am just perplexed at how people can get a whole drawing in 15 minuets. Somehow I was lucky I was able to get this whole figure in. The other poses weren't so lucky. I was so use to working with photos that don't move and I don't have a timer going.

I don't know if it's just me...but its like working out at the gym doing these drawings. I have "in the ZONE" days and out of the ZONE days. Last night I was "out of the Zone". Gerrie my side kick said it was because there was so much light on the model it was like drawing a silhouette. Her drawings were finished pieces of art. She uses a lot of colored pastel to draw the model. They were absolutely beautiful. Wished I could post one of her drawings for you. I'll have to ask her.


The painting of the sail boat is a commission from my brother and sister in law in Boulder. It's done after the artist Sally Caldwell Fisher. I changed the number of boats and the colors and the houses in the back. They found the image on a birthday card and loved it. I will of course put her name by me. I still have tweaking to do before it's done.

That's all I've been up to. Getting ready to start on a new project.

2 comments: