Thursday, August 20, 2009



Went to drawing last night despite tornado warnings. Do you think that shows my determination? The model Robin said that if the building were hit, please make sure to put some clothes on her so her dad won't find out she models in the nude. I thought that was amusing!

At the end of the session my fellow artists ask" How'd you do tonight?" and I have to reply that I'm so into drawing that I have to wait awhile (days) to look and figure out if what I did was right or not. Sometimes I know immediately and other times I don't see my mistakes until later...then I go "Oh My Gosh!!!! What was I thinking (or seeing)!!!"

I think the head turning on the body facing forward is off...but can't correct it since I can't see the model. And I think the torso on the one with the back is a little too long...but anyway...it is what it is...

I admire the artists that don't worry about every single line, and even though their drawings don't look like the model they are still very interesting drawings that I like. They seem to have their own style.

Feel free to let me know what you think is off..

Tonight it's class in Chicago. Another late night. We are starting on another painting.

1 comment:

  1. These are wonderful drawings. If there are small errors in anatomy they aren't important you are not doing medical illustration.

    ReplyDelete