Friday, August 7, 2009

River East Classes




O.k...I bear all my faults and soul. Here are a few drawings from class...they are never completed and usually off...but hey...I'm trying. I'm use to using photo's and it's been YEARS since I worked with a model... The painting....We have to work on next week. Last week we drew it on canvas and the started painting. What I think will be intersting is how is she going to be in the exact spot so I can finish it???? Mybe that's why I liked photos. Half the time while I'm drawing they fall asleep and the neck and arms move...frustration galore....
It's coming along...however so far there has been no real information...everyone just comes and draws and paints...so hopefully I'll get some pointers that are new. I like the instructor..his work is awesome...just need more info...and of course I'm like the little kid in the class room always calling on the teacher...I guess I can be obnoxious at times.
It's 11pm at night by the time we get home, so I'm glad I have my talented friend Gerrie with me. Gerrie already has her work in Museums and is published in a book...not sure she really needed the class but she's looking to stretch and learn like all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment