Friday, February 5, 2010

Art Barn Drawing Session


I'm posting the drawing from Wednesday night. I was an unhappy camper as it seems I get her back most of the time...so on the last pose I had to move and with all the face forwarding spots taken. I felt like I was a million miles away and couldn't see well (age!). So, it is what it is. Next time I'll get there earlier and grab a premo spot!

I'm still trying to come up with more designs for my commission piece. If there is one thing I've learned with commissions is COMMUNICATION-COMMUNICATION. We are all walking around this planet less than half the time actually connecting and communicating. It gets so frustrating...

Tuesday Gerrie ,Anke and I went gallery hopping in the River East section of Chicago. Most of the galleries were great and spent some time with us which is usually not the case. It was interesting.

I will say a lot of the galleries were carrying the same work they'd had almost a year ago.
I also don't understand why more galleries won't carry more traditional pieces. I say you can not find a classical figure painting (almost) anywhere. Most of it is contemporary or abstract. Don't get me wrong -I LOVE contemporary and abstract. It would all be more interesting if there were more of a mix.

My most favorite galleries in that area would be the Ann Nathan Gallery and Portals and also KH Galleries. They all offer something different though..It's all just opinion.

1 comment: