Tuesday, January 27, 2009


I've come to the realization that I've come as far as I can with this. My talent limited. It is what it is. Yesterday was not a good day for me. I fell into a dark hole and in that dark hole I found something. Like one of the quotes says that with each painting is a discovery...I discovered that as much as I'd like to be whimsy or cute....I cannot. My paintings reflect who I really am. I am a serious individual and it shows in my work. I am always wanting what I don't have. A cute, quirky, personality that shows in paintings....well, I'm not and it shows. So out of every struggle something good comes if we look for it.
I'm moving on...and I can't paint ducks!

3 comments:

  1. you are right, you can't paint ducks as well as you paint other things. you are wrong about the whimsical, you have done some whimsical and they are great! you are wrong about your personality as well. i know you, i know who you are, this is not you! you always make me laugh and smile and have fun in life. you are just not there right now. get in the car, come see your best friend, laugh, remember, find your joy again! i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This painting is fine. Not perfect as 99.99999 percent of all paintings are not perfect.

    If you are serious (Debbie Downer), paint what moves you not what you think will engage others.

    Your duck is not that bad. Try some more ducks. Straight duck paintings, not whimisical. You are growing - enjoy the process and continue to grow.

    Your pal in suffering while painting,
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn - it is not your talent that is limited, it is your work ethic. Get busy!!!! At least write something for me to read.

    ReplyDelete