Thursday, January 15, 2009



Nine degrees below zero, and a foot and a half of snow, my foot in a bootie from a fall I had after New Years and It's a good recipe for staying in and getting things done. I finished the post card after doing several changes on it and started painting again after some good words of advice "Dawn stop messing around and start painting!" Which I did!
I have several projects that need to finish so after my sister in law in Boulder suggested that my dog at the table needed a glass of wine I did just that yesterday. So I'll post it and you can be the judge if it's done. For me they are never done..
My husband flew to Savannah, Georgia this morning for a NATERA meeting so I'll be able to work tonight as long as my foot doesn't yell "Need Ice", "Need Ice".
I started working on the camo dog today. I decided he needed a companion so thought I'd add his best friend duck hiding in the grass. I'll post a picture but remember IT ISN'T DONE! The duck was blocked in and I worked on the dogs legs...but I still plan to put grass in front of the both of them and I need to paint the water in, etc, etc..I used a new medium and that's why his legs are shiny...I should have left the medium alone! I wished I could see other artists work in progress...just to see the process. It's not easy having people see all the things that look bad in the beginning and then to know it still might not work out. Not every piece does. It's problem solving and not everything can be solved!

1 comment:

  1. the glass seems to be too neat. what about the drop or two of wine by the duck? i love the duck in the grass next to the dog. very nice! i am incredibly glad to see you painting!

    ReplyDelete