Monday, January 19, 2009


With my post card for 18 Artists done and off to the printer this morning I have been able to move on. I saved the organization a couple hundred dollars doing it and in the process gained some knowledge that can help me personally down the road.

This I'm still FEELING my way through. I added some blue chalk to get an idea of what I want to do. darker/lighter, etc. The duck needs some help..but I told you I'd post what ever..for me it's a slow process. I guess it's intuitive painting.

The other dog painting isn't done. The wine glass is crooked and a little weak, so will alternate between that and this.

I have my large roll of canvas out and plan to start my vision of a life size painting of a woman standing with her arms stretched to the sun and her feet planted in the earth with roots and the wind blowing her hair around her body as to cover her. The idea of this painting will be that women receive their strength from the earth..sun, wind and earth. That will take me a long time to do so will work on these and other little pieces. This has been a vision of mine for a couple years now. My good friend modeled for me in Richmond, so I have what I need to get started.

2 comments:

  1. Could you leave one breast showing for us male duck hunters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both dog paintings are looking good. A couple of olives would be good with that wine as well.

    ReplyDelete