Monday, June 15, 2009

OLD TOWN ARTS FAIR





My most favorite art fair in Chicago is the Old Town Art Fair and this year not even the rain kept us from our yearly visual stimulation. When we arrived, there were very few people due to the rain which was wonderful...but then the sun came out and so did the people. I over heard one of the artist state that he felt that people were walking around looking as though they were walking through a zoo. I could imagine it would seem that way. We went through the whole show and then walked down Wells Street to the "Adobe" Mexican restaurant that we love for a beer and appetizers. I bought some earrings that were "Fun" and it was a good day!
Across the street was the yearly Wells Festival but it doesn't have as many nationally known artists as the Old Town Art Fair has. Anyway...Saturday was hopping in Chicago! (and my feet held out reasonably well!!)

Some of my favorite things at the show were pastel drawings by Jody DePew McLeane from Eagle River, Wisconsin; dolls of porcelain by Cathy Rose of Orlando, Fl.,paintings by Christine Brenner of Halifax, Vermont, little songbirds made from wood and antique jewelry by Jim and Tori Mullan of Pompano Beach, Fl. and saw an interesting technique by Suzy Scarborough of Columbia, SC.. I've posted their calling cards.


No comments:

Post a Comment